Sunday, March 7, 2010

At a fork in the road...

This past week has been pretty rough.
What is going on!?

As I said in my last post, I took the GRE.

bombed it.

It's been a long time since I've been so disappointed in myself, distraught, and frustrated. I've never been good at tests like this though. I didn't do very well on the ACT either... but as proved in college and high school, I am able to retain an above average gpa. So, some of you are probably inquisitive, wondering what my score was. I'll just say it was nowhere close to where I needed it to be.

The Spanish department director said that the GRE really isn't that big of a deal. They look more at my previous Spanish work. She said that the committee felt that i wasn't advanced enough to qualify for the graduate assistantship. They didn't want to take the risk in paying for all of my graduate studies and paying me on top of that and then I just fail out.

That would not happen.

I know that once I get into something, I never fail.

So, the only other option that they left me was to take a class during minimester this summer, for 4 weeks. If I get a good grade in the class... they will consider me. Overall, they don't think I'll be able to handle it.

How would they know!?

I would never be able to improve with Spanish unless I'm challenged. I don't know if I should take this class.
It'll cost me.

I'm thinkin' at least $1,500. Is it worth it?

I'm thinkin' yes... Until another option randomly appeared just recently.

For those of you who don't know me at all, I love soccer.
Not as much as I love my girlfriend... but it's up there ha.

Mike Dye, an old college teammate of mine, offered me a job coaching jv at a small NAIA school in Mount Vernon Georgia. He said that I could possibly get an admissions counselor job too.

AH! That'd be awesome.... buuutttt it's missing two things.

Tori. Friends.

I've met a lot of cool guys here and I have thoroughly enjoyed being with my beautiful girl.
God has blessed me in so many ways. So many things have fallen into place to get down here, it's confusing to think that I would leave here already after being around for a little over two months. Nonetheless, it's an option. And for once I would enjoy the work.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... it's a lil over 4 hours from here. Long distance... no bueno.

If anyone has any insight or ideas... don't hesitate to give me a shout. Oooor just a simple prayer would be sublime.
The Gap I work at downtown.


Hung out with some friends and ate some amazing home-cooked food :). Blake is above. Roommate Glenn and buddy Mark on the right.








P.S. I apologize to all of you friends out there. I have been horrible with keeping in touch with you. Know that I love you and miss you all. I hope you can understand that this past week has been a roller coaster ride. I hope to do better this week. You all are special to me.

Blessings,

Mocha

No comments:

Post a Comment