Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just shaved my face.

So, to get you all caught up to speed.

Things have been emotionally better i would say.

I've been watching pastor's Revolution series online. He speaks about the concept of self-talk and core beliefs. I have finally come to a conspicuous realization that my self-talk has been misbehaving. I have done nothing to cure my small doubts and reoccurring frustrations as of late. Working at Dick's and Gap has given me very little confidence and thus provoked feelings of fear and inadequacy. My attention was averted from the blessings and Love of my God. I can honestly say that my thoughts were more linked to malignity and disdain than to that of love and compassion.

So, I've been spending more time focusing on the love that God has for me. Befitting that it is almost Easter to recognize this amazing love. Love from both a vile and, yet, beautiful cross.

for me.

For you too of course, but this is my blog ha.

Anyway, thinking of this has lifted my spirits and confidence. Trust. Faith. You name it.

Everything.

And, not just self-talking every-once-and-a-while. Doing so would merely be dilatory. But trying to this every hour of the day. Try it!
--------------------------------------------
The weather has been incredible lately...
Not everyday of course. but one can dream.

Averaging mid 60's. Today it is prolly mid 70's and sunny. Might go outside and lay out to work my tan. Not really.

We've won our first two men's league games. Really brings back memories. I really miss playing with the guys. Last wed night we had a game. We won 3-1. I hate giving up goals. But it just reminded me of my prime days when playing center back. Barking out orders. And them not always been accomplished ha. Tori and one of her friends came to watch. It was the first time that she had seen me play, which was pretty cool. Aftewards, four of us sweaty dudes gave tori a coercive group hug to which she accepted with much delight :). We're playing a 4-5-1 because we are all out of shape.

I'm still working on getting into grad school. But more like waiting. The committee meets on the 9th of April to decide who gets the graduate assistantship scholarship. I think I'm going to see if I can get involved with a Spanish church here to hopefully practice my speaking and maybe influence the committee in a positive way.

I just had my phone interview with Brewton-Parker College. It went well I think. I tried to establish a higher level of professionalism while maintaining an eloquent and down to earth personality. I just hope they don't think I'm too young and unprofessional. The more I think about it the more positive I feel about the position. I think I would actually like it and that I would thrive doing the related work. So, just be praying. They are making their final decision in 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I'll get asked for a visit in the future.

We had our second soccer game on Sunday. It was a pretty nice day. Church was good before hand. Tori and a couple of friends came to watch. We won 2-0. She got mugged again by sweaty teammates. Thinking about making it a tradition.

After the game I went to... well, it was essentially a concert. Toby Mac and Skillet. The "main attraction" was Will Graham. Which is Billy Graham's grandson. He was the headline speaker. He wasn't very good. Well, let's just say it wasn't what I expected. Then again my expectations have been known to misinterpreted. Any how, the sermon seemed dry. Not once did he mention grace, love, or Jesus Christ, but it was more of an outreach. And I've never seen Toby Mac in concert, but man do i miss DC Talk. Toby Mac was like a watered down version of the Black Eye Peas. Figures, that right when we were leaving they started playing Jesus Freak. Oh well, the whole thing was free and I was able to hang out with a bunch of friends. Good friends, free event, and Taco Bell afterward. It was brilliant.

I continue to wait on the Lord. I just want an opportunity.

In His Love,

Mocha

P.S. - The Cats gave it a good run. Much props. Wish they would've played better against Butler though. They weren't really impressive to be honest, Butler that is.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Seth! I've been trying to lay off the blogs lately (seriously, they can get addicting), but I love hearing about your life! :)

    Praying for what's next for you, and knowing that it is going to be GOOD. Manhattan misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. You're silly. I miss Manhappiness... Should be visiting during the summer though. Glad you like them! Thanks for the prayers, you're a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete