Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blah...

Hey all!

This week has been ok. Just been working and hanging out. I'm still trying my hardest to get into Grad school. I met with the Spanish Grad School Director on Friday to express my desire to get in. I told her how hard I would work. She said that she likes me and wants to give me the chance, but it just depends on what the committee thinks.

I called the financial aid office to see how much one 3 credit hour graduate level course would be for out of state and it was ....
$4,200

Wow... really?

I could go to Mexico this summer for 5 weeks and take 2 courses for less than that!!

The director realized that too and thought it ridiculous for me to pay that amount when I would learn more in Mexico.
So... she is gonna see what she can do by talking to them.

praying.
I also told her that I would be polishing my spanish by working on my grammar and literature reading.

Ordered some more books that she recommended.

Supposedly there are some people that teach English to hispanics at some church here. Gonna try to get involved in that. Figure the more i get involved in, the better my chances.

I don't know guys. I feel at peace with this. I had a good feeling. It wasn't a good feeling based on the hope that God will get me into grad school, but it was based on the fact that my God will bless me in some way. I'm learning how to not be afraid, but to put my hope and trust in God.

Focusing on the cross.

Also, I'm trying to focus on righteousness. I suck at it. Read in psalm 85 that righteousness and peace are in relationship with each other.

----------------
Last night I arrived at home just in time to find my roommates and friends jamming to Rock Band. I've never played it before. I guess Glen and Jordan got the urge or something and decided to go out and buy it haha. Nothin' more funny than experiencing Jordan sing "Don't stop believing" by Journey.


H i l a r i o u s.

Dude, the drums are hard.

I applied for the admissions counselor job at Brewton-Parker College in Georgia. Might be able to coach with Mike Dye.

By the way, it's been raining a ton here. Turns out that i have a leak in my car. Makes my car smell like mildew.
I made burgers for Tori and I one night. And it was the bomb.com


That's for you Dougy-D

I felt so manly. Tori said that it was the best burger that she'd had in a long time :D.

It's been raining so much that our first men's league soccer game got canceled on Wed. night :(. It's alright. Now i get more time to get in shape, which consists of me watching Fox Soccer Channel.

Thought this video was interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhX7m3rF20c

New favorite song! - Jesus Culture: "Your Love Never Fails"


Well, off to bed.

Much love.

In His Unfailing and Powerful Love,

Mocha

1 comment:

  1. this all sounds great! I will be praying for you and the right door will open up.

    ReplyDelete