Thursday, February 25, 2010


This will be a blog of TWO days worth... can ya dig it?

Yesterday was just another slow and boring day at work

I swear I only saw 10 stinkin' customers in one hour...

However, since it was so slow I found time to study my GRE vocabulary flash cards that I bring with me everywhere i go. I keep like a stack of 40 cards in my pocket at all times to try to boost my less than impressive vocab. I also had time to text my roomie Jordan to see when the High school team was playing that night. "5:30... perfect... I get off at 4" After work, I went to the bank and found out that the unexpected had indeed occurred. My direct deposit from Gap actually went through on time! After going to the bank (I now bank at Regions, for you curious people) I went to Northcutt Realty to pay my rent. After doing that i returned to my residence to pick up Glen (my other roomie). Off to the game we went

aaaannnnd it was cold.

Auburn got the victory though. 2-1.

Then Tori and I went back to my place. I made some chili for dinner :). Love me some chili. Tori had a test the next day to study for, so with alacrity I assisted her. I then took her home and returned to my humble abode for sleep.

Day 2 Woke up early this morning. 7:25 to be exact. I've been waking up like an hour earlier everyday so that I can have time to get into the Word and talk to my Savior. I read Romans 5&6 today. I worked in the footwear department today from 9-4. Wasn't very fun. Didn't get to study my flash cards much. After work I went home to just chill. Glen arrived shortly after and we both decided that it was time for me to experience my first southern BBQ. So we ventured our way to a lil place called Mike and Ed's. Twas magnifico. Speaking of Spanish, I ran into the Spanish Department Director of AU. I had a really good conversation with her. She was so nice. She told me I had a lot of work to do with my Spanish but she thinks that I have a lot of potential. She said she could tell that I was someone that would work really hard. I tried to be articulate with my words and expressed to her how important it was for me to get in to the program. I don't think it was a coincidence that I ran into her. Considering that we had made such an arbitrary decision on impulse to go get BBQ.

Anyway, here I am. Glen and I are chillin' on the couch watchin Chelsea play Inter Milan. I need to get back to studying before I go to the 'backyard' with Tor. The backyard is a lil college ministry thing. If you all could be praying for me about the GRE I would be very grateful. I really want to do well. Blessings to you all!


P.S. - Next blog will be a tour of my place :)

Love,

Mocha

No comments:

Post a Comment