Saturday, April 23, 2011

I feel like I'm getting old...

Hello,

My name is Seth Turner. I am a terrible blogger and wish to share a little bit of my life with you :)

For those who do not know already, I have been accepted to attend Auburn University for graduate school! It's so great. As a matter of fact, when I found out, I could feel the stress and worries roll right off of my shoulders. I want to give a shot out to those of you who were almost just as happy as me, I appreciate all of your support and thanks praying for me! Tori was great, she went out and bought me an Auburn shirt (that had nothing to do with football on it) and a sticker to put on the windshield of my car. Gotta admit, it made me even more excited.

I have been both patient and impatient at times, but God has remained faithful and His plan is unfolding an tiny bit at a time. I will be studying foreign language education in Spanish. The program is probably going to take me 2 years. I will begin in the fall and, boy, am I going to be busy.

I've looked up my classes online and it looks like, as of right now, I will have class every night except for on the weekends. So, that means that after work everyday I will head to class. This doesn't sound very convenient when it comes to time management, but I know that being in graduate school will help me get to where I want to be in the future, career-wise.

I also found out that it will be required of me to study abroad, since I have not yet done so during my Spanish career. This is exciting, but I sort of hoped to get certified quicker. It will be very beneficial for me to go abroad though. It will help get me closer to achieving my goal of complete fluency.

I'm so excited about grad school, I wish I could get started right away...

Right now I'm chillin' with Tori and her family in Alpharetta for the Easter weekend. It has been very relaxing.

I've been a lill home sick lately. Mostly because I've been so excited and anxious to see my family when the visit in June. I have no idea what we are going to do when they get here, but it will be so great to introduce them to everybody down here and show them my new stomping grounds :)

Just a quick update on Ecuador:

I've raised almost all the needed funds for Ecuador this summer. I'm not quite sure where I am currently, but a couple of weeks ago I was a lil over $2,000. Our goal is to have $2,500 each. So, I should almost be there! Thank you so much for your support everybody! It has been so cool to see God work and provide.

Other than that, I'm still working at the middle school. Not gonna lie, this school year has drained me big time. Now I understand how all the teachers feel, it's not easy being surrounded by kids all day, almost everyday of the year...

I am also coaching a u-16 co-ed rec soccer team. It's not the most fun thing ever, but the kids are all pretty nice for the most part... and I'm getting paid for it. Can't complain about that. I'm also still involved with the youth group at church (now that I think about it, I really am around kids way too much haha) and that is going ok, most of the time I honestly am so tired that I don't feel like making any attempt whatsoever to socialize but I do it anyway.

How is everyone else doing? I would love to hear from you. (Sorry for not getting in touch with you this past weekend Bethany).

God bless,

Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment